The Discerning Traveller: Booking Conditions
Bookings are accepted by The Discerning Traveller under the following conditions:
- Reservations should be made as far in advance as possible, either through your reservations agent or direct with The Discerning Traveller. Deposit (normally 20% of tour cost) is required, along with completed & signed booking form when booking. Balance of payment is due 56 days prior to start date. Later bookings can usually be accommodated. Prices are as advertised on individual tour pages. If the booking is made within one calendar month of the start date a late booking fee is payable.
- Alteration by client. If the client wishes to make a significant amendment (e.g. change of start date) once a booking has been confirmed we will endeavour to accommodate the amendment. An amendment fee is payable. We may treat the amendment as a cancellation if the amendment is requested less than 56 days before original start date, or if the amendment cannot be accommodated.
- Cancellation by client. The following charges apply. More than 55 days before start date: deposit only (20% of tour price). 35 to 55 days before start date: 35% of tour price. 21 to 34 days before start date: 75% of tour price; less than 21 days before start date: 100% of tour price. Late booking fee if paid is forfeited upon cancellation by client.
- Cancellation by The Discerning Traveller. If your tour is cancelled by The Discerning Traveller our responsibility is limited to repaying you the amounts we have received from you.
- Accommodation. Price of holiday is per person based on two people travelling together and sharing twin-bedded or double-bedded rooms. Single travellers, or two or more people travelling together who require one or more single rooms, will be charged a single supplement. Clients accept as a condition of booking that the standard and type of accommodation varies from place to place and that such variation is a feature of this type of holiday. The type of accommodation and facilities provided on each night of the tour are specified at the time of booking.
- Health and fitness. Bookings are accepted on the understanding that all persons travelling are normally in good health and properly prepared for a walking holiday of the grade indicated. If there is any doubt about any client’s actual state of health a doctor’s certificate stating that it is entirely safe for the client to go on the holiday must be obtained.
- Insurance. Clients must obtain or possess travel insurance covering cancellation, delay, injury, ill health, loss of money and property, and attendant risks which may arise from or occur during a walking holiday.
- Responsibility. Bookings are accepted on the understanding that clients appreciate the risks associated with walking holidays and that they undertake the holiday at their own risk; in particular, while we will endeavour to ensure that maps, route descriptions, timetables and other information provided in connection with our holidays are accurate and up-to-date, clients must accept that these materials and information are for guidance only and that use of them is made by clients at their own responsibility.
- Liability for third parties etc. We do not accept liability on behalf of our suppliers, or in connection with local excursions or other services.
- Status of the booking, jurisdiction. The client making a booking does so on behalf of each member of his/her party. Booking (by the client) and confirmation (by The Discerning Traveller) may be posted, faxed or e-mailed. Booking and confirmation together constitute a contract made in England under English law. End of Discerning Traveller booking conditions 01/2011.